The Ultimate Guide For Taj Mahal Tour From Delhi3 min read
The Same Day taj mahal tour packages is a popular option for tourists, and it begins with a pick-up from either the Delhi airport or your hotel. From there, you’ll be driven to Agra, where a tour guide will show you the highlights (including the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort) before dropping you back off at your starting point after lunch.
Location of the Taj Mahal
In the Indian city of Agra stands the iconic Taj Mahal. Agra is a relatively unimportant city in Northern India, located around 200 kilometres (125 miles) from the country’s capital, New Delhi. The Golden Triangle tour typically includes stops in Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur, making Agra one of India’s most frequented cities.
Agra was a major metropolis when the Mughals ruled North India, but its political significance diminished, and the city’s population dropped to about 1.7 million. The iconic Taj Mahal stands near the east of the town, close to the banks of the sacred Yamuna River.
Packing Tips for a Visit to the Taj Mahal
The Taj Mahal has stringent security measures, and several items are prohibited from being brought within. When going to see the Taj Mahal, you might want to get the following:
- The Taj Mahal was designed to be breath-taking. It has perfect symmetry and is encircled by landscaped grounds. The sky’s changing hues, from orange in the morning to midnight blue at night, are reflected in Taj’s white marble walls.
- The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built to house the mortal remains of Shah Jahan and his wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who were considered divine. Inlaid with semiprecious stones from the Indian Ocean, Persia, Russia, Afghanistan, China, and China, Taj’s marble is fashioned into magnificent flower motifs.
- After Mumtaz Mahal’s death, Shah Jahan’s son betrayed him and locked him in a tower of the Agra Fort, from which he could still see the Taj from a distance.
- No matter what time of year you plan to visit the Taj, you should consider bringing sun protection. White marble walls and garden lakes reflect the sun’s rays, exposing your skin to greater heat than usual.
- There are many mosquitoes around the Taj Mahal because of its proximity to the Yamuna River, so be sure to bring bug spray if you plan on visiting during the wet season.
Reasons to Hire a Tour Guide
The best way to experience the Taj is on a guided tour. A private car will transport you to the Taj, where guides will be waiting to assist you in purchasing tickets and navigating security. They will also give you a full tour of the Taj Mahal and answer any questions. A guide can help shield you from the hordes of pickpockets and hawkers congregating around the Taj Mahal.
Booking a guided agra day tour packages of the Taj through your hotel or on a Golden Triangle excursion is your best bet. Many unqualified individuals’ con tourists into following them around outside the Taj Mahal. Booking in advance will help you avoid falling victim to this fraud.
You may see the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Itmad-Ud-Daulah, and Akbar’s Tomb and have time left over for shopping, all in a single day in Agra. Various agra day tour packages are available, from day trips to extended vacations that include a stop at the Taj Mahal.